Here at St Aidan's we are on a Maths Mission! We are raising the profile of Maths in many different ways.
We have bought lots of new resources to make Maths more practical, enjoyable and visual (See Visual Calculation Policy below). All of the teachers enjoyed a training day full of ideas about how to bring Maths alive. Key Stage One and Two have also attended planning and assessment training using the New Curriculum.
We are enjoying sharing the children's fabulous Number of the Week homework from Reception to Year Four. The children have been very creative with their ideas and they look forward to showing the class their hard work.
We had a marvellous Maths fun day on Thursday 12th February . Our children's committee designed a very extensive list of ideas for the staff to work with! We had outdoor treasure hunts, spaghetti challenges and fruit smoothie making classes to name a few. For the last session, in the afternoon, we played board games. Thank you to all the parents who supported this session. We were delighted with the response and we hope you find the leaflets explaining the expectations for your children helpful. These leaflets are published below along with the progression maps for each year group which the teachers use to ensure standards in numeracy are consistently high at St Aidan's.
- Maths Progression Map Year 1 : ( Maths Progression Map Year 1.pdf )
- Maths Progression Map Year 2 : ( Maths Progression Map Year 2.pdf )
- Maths Progression Map Year 3 : ( Maths Progression Map Year 3.pdf )
- Maths Progression Map Year 4 : ( Maths Progression Map Year 4.pdf )
- Parent booklet Counting : ( Counting Booklet St Aidans.pdf )
- Parent booklet Place Value : ( St Aidans Place Value Booklet.pdf )
- Visual Calculation Policy : ( Visual Calculation Policy.pdf )